KATANGA (DRC) 25ML/DAY
A 25 ML/day process water treatment plant at a copper mine in the DRC was repaired and upgraded in association with Golder Associates Africa. The upgrade comprised of:
- pH correction and inline mixing was added.
- Lime makeup and automated dosing system was installed.
- Existing clarifier was cleaned and additional volume was created by upgrading it with V-notch weirs.
- Gravity sand filter system was refurbished and received new nozzles, filter media, inlet and backwash pipework and valves, level sensors and other associated pipework.
- The main pump station was upgraded with new transfer and backwash pumps.
- New air scour blowers was installed.
- The flocculent dosing system was repaired and received new pumps and associated pipework.
- A new compressor and air dryer was installed for the new pneumatic requirement for the plant.
- The plant was completely automated with new process and analytical instrumentation, duty/standby pumps, dosing perportional to flow and pH, automatic air scour and backwash of filters, automatic flushing of lime makeup system.
- The complete works were incorporated into the main scada system of the mine.